I really love to eat brunch, but sometimes I keep breakfast as simple as possible and I like to keep some meat-free days during my week. Autumnal harvest brings a lot of delicious produce to markets and one of my favourites is figs. This Goat Cheese & Fig Sandwich is very simple since I want you to focus on this amazing fruit with some additional textures and matching flavours.
- 2 slices of rye sourdough
- Soft goat cheese
- 2 figs
- 1 handful of pecan nuts
- 2-4 thyme springs
- Raw honey
- Spread the goat cheese on the bread slices.
- Slice the figs and place the slices on the goat cheese.
- Add some crunchy, chopped pecans, a spring of thyme and drizzle raw honey on the top.
- Serve the other slice for someone you really love!