We don't need a huge turkey on our festive table. I normally prepare a roll, stuffed meat or other smaller roast. This year we had this Bacon-Wrapped Chorizo-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin, but you can do it with a whole pork loin as well for a bigger crowd.
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 chorizo ring
- 8 slice smoked bacon rashers
- Salt, pepper
- Olive oil - I use the Spanish oils of Reinos de Taifas.
- Use a narrow but long knife to create a pocket in the middle of the pork tenderloin.
- Fill in the chorizo.
- Heat up a pan with a few drops of olive oil, sear the pork fillet, this way you close the juices inside the meat and it won't dry out during the roasting. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Wrap the stuffed pork tenderloin into the bacon rasher slices, place it on a lined baking tray and roast it in a pre-heated oven at 190 °C for about 30 minutes. If the bacon is not crispy enough, change your oven to grill function for a few minutes.
- Rest the roast for 6-8 minutes before you carve the first slices.