If you know how to prepare the perfect rosé Duck Breast Roast, you will have a beautiful and versatile ingredient to use in plenty of dishes, so this recipe could be the origo of many other recipes.
Alright, let's do this!
- 2 duck breasts
- Salt, pepper
- If there are any small feathers on the duck breast and remove any water or juices from the surface of the meat.
- Score the skin of the duck breast but be careful, do not cut into the meat.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place the meat skin side down in a cold pan on medium heat without any oil and fry it till the skin become crispy. It takes 6-8 minutes.
- Pour off the fat and sear the other side for a minute.
- Place them in a baking tray with a roasting rack skin side up and bake it at 180 °C. To get the desired result, follow the baking time for...
- rare: 10 minutes
- medium: 14 minutes
- well done: 17 minutes
- Rest the meat in a warm place for about 10-15 minutes. This step is very important because it equilibrates the temperature and keeps the meat juicy.
You can serve your perfect duck breast as a salad topping or with fries, savoury couscous, bulgur, rice, purée or any of your favourites. Sauces made of fruits could be a perfect match as well!