Today I prepared a quick and easy pasta dish because it perfectly fits a busy workday. Join me for a plate full of Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta.
Alfredo is a very simple white sauce variation with grated Parmesan cheese. Only three ingredients make this heavenly and super-additive sauce that you can use for many dishes. This time it will be a great add-on to our pasta dish!
This time I've boosted this dish with fresh peas and with one of my new favourite ingredients, a slightly smoked and air-dried ham, the Speck Alto Adige PGI from Exquisite Deli, at Borough Market. You can prepare many dishes with this ham... if you carve thin slices and put them on a yummy sourdough slice with some fresh ingredients, you can get a filling breakfast or brunch. You can use it for canapé bits or a great pasta dish too, so let's see what is needed for your time saver dinner today!
TIP: Always be creative and use your imagination. Feel free to add some of your favourite ingredients and create your personal favourite pasta dish! Enjoy your dinner!
- Pasta - for 2
- 1 chicken breast fillet, diced
- 250 ml double cream
- Salt, pepper
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- Chopped parsley
- 1 handful of chopped Speck Alto Adige PGI - optional
- 4 closed cup mushrooms or a handful of button mushrooms, sliced or chopped - optional
- 1 handful of peas - optional
- Boil up some water for the spaghetti with 1 tbsp of salt, and cook it to al dente -follow the recommended cooking time on the package of your spaghetti.
- In the meantime start to sear the speck on some olive oil in a frying pan, then add the chicken breast pieces with a large pinch of salt, pepper and garlic.
- When the chicken became white and not completely raw anymore add the mushroom slices and sear the ingredients together.
- Finally, add the peas, place a lid on your pan for about 5 minutes to cook the peas a little bit, then add the double cream, Parmesan to your taste and cook your sauce till it thickens.
- Serve your al dente pasta with the rich creamy sauce, grate parmesan on the top and sprinkle it with freshly chopped parsley.