Chilli Beans is a great example of a quick but great dish... the preparation takes only 30 minutes, so you don't have to stand in the kitchen for hours, just cook it, enjoy your warming food and spend your free time with anything else.
I hope you are lucky enough to enjoy fresh beans from your garden or from the local market, but this time I used canned beans.
- 1 can Borlotti beans
- 1 can Cannellini beans
- 1 shallot
- Hungarian sausage made with paprika or Chorizo
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- Salt, pepper
- Chilli powder or fresh chilli
- Olive oil
- Cut the shallot in half then slice each half, put the slices into a pan.
- Turn the stove on, add some olive oil and sear the onion.
- Add the sausage slices, salt, pepper, chilli powder or fresh chilli and fry them for about 5 minutes.
- You always should create your own dish, so feel free to add sweetcorn, other veggies, replace the sausage with minced meat or whatever you desire.
- Finally add the beans, the tomato puree, and cook it for 10 minutes.
- I served my chilli beans with toasted ciabatta slices, but if you want, you can heap it on the toast as well...