Even if Spring is here, a warming soup is always good on chilly evenings. I've really missed this Tomato Soup... my mum prepared it very often as a quick meat-free lunch or dinner from my grandma's homemade tomato passata.
- 500 ml tomato passata
- 100-200 ml water - depends on how thick soup you would like to prepare
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 70 g flour
- 70 g butter
- 2-3 handful Orzo pasta or alphabet pasta
- Prepare a light roux from the butter and flour.
- Pour the passata into the pot, add the water and the celery stalk.
- Add the sugar and salt and stir till boiling point.
- Add the orzo pasta and cook it in the soup slowly, on low heat.