Recipe source: Gennaro Contaldo
When you prepare some oven-baked potatoes, for example, jacket potatoes, make sure, that you put a few extra into the oven and try this Italian Gnocchi recipe from Gennaro Contaldo.
If you have no gnocchi board to make this unique pattern, no worries, just use a simple fork. Roll the small dough pieces over the fork and tadaaa: you have lovely patterned gnocchi with a large surface to cover with yummy sauces.
If you cooked the dumplings, you will need a good recipe.
Creamy Chicken & Wild Mushroom Gnocchi
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- Salt, pepper
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 150 g yellow chanterelles
- 150 g button mushrooms
- Fresh parsley
- 200 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp Parmesan
- So first sear the finely chopped shallots on butter
- Put the chopped chicken breast into a pan, add salt, pepper and the pressed garlic clove.
- When the chicken becomes white, add the yellow chanterelles and the whole button mushrooms plus chopped parsley and sear the ingredients for a few minutes
- Add the double cream and the parmesan, then cook it till it thickens.
- Finally, I mixed the sauce with the gnocchi and serve it hot with some freshly chopped parsley on the top and you can add and grated Parmesan too.
I hope you will enjoy it! :)