Do you like cupcakes and delicious Tiramisu as well? This time you can merge your favourites into one dessert. This Tiramisu cupcake recipe is the best choice for parties or simple treats for the family or places one in the lunchbox.
There are many decoration options, of course, so feel free to express your creativity. Dig up your piping tips and think about great flavour and texture pairing for the muffins and coffee mascarpone cream. This time I've chosen cocoa powder and cafè curls to decorate my Tiramisu Cupcake.
This recipe was featured in the August/September issue of UK’s TOP baking magazine, the Baking Heaven and at their website too.
- Dry ingredients
- 300 g flour
- 75 g sugar
- 75 g muscovado
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- For a more intense coffee flavour simply add 1 tbsp instant coffee (optional)
- Wet ingredients
- 75 ml Costa Espresso, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 150 ml milk
- 110 ml oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180 g Italian mascarpone
- 50 ml Costa espresso, chilled
- 250 g icing sugar
- 30 ml dark rum
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 150 ml double cream
- Cocoa powder
- Cafè curls
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Muffin batter always should be more like a ruff mixture than a perfectly smooth one to avoid overdeveloping gluten.
- Line a medium muffin tin with paper cups and divide the dough between the 12 holes.
- Bake the muffins in a preheated oven, at 190 °C for about 25 minutes.
- Place the muffins on a cooling rack and let them cool down completely before covering by the coffee-mascarpone cream.
- Soften the mascarpone by hand mixer. Add the espresso, dark rum and cinnamon.
- Gradually add the icing sugar and continue mixing the cream. For more stiff consistency simply add more icing sugar.
- Whip the double cream then gently fold in the coffee-mascarpone mixture.
- For this design, insert a large round piping tip in a piping bag, fill in the cream and decorate the top of the muffins.
- If you prepare the cupcakes a few hours before a party or event, make sure to place them in the fridge and wait with the cocoa powder sprinkle and cafè curls till serving.
- Sprinkle some cocoa powder on the top of the cream-covered cupcakes.
- Decorate them with cafè curls.