Instead of buying chocolate and flowers let's show your love with some delicious food and homemade cocktails on Valentine's Day. Believe me, even if there are many classic presents and heart-shaped decorations everywhere, try to avoid these. The best and most unique gift you can give is your time and attention and for example, serve Strawberry Champagne to your darling.
Strawberry and champagne are the two typical ingredients of a romantic evening, so I show you how to bring these to the next level. This is a super easy, champagne-based cocktail that will be a perfect choice to treat yourself and your love. Even if you don't visit the kitchen too often, I promise this will work out just fine!
- Rosè champagne
- 250 g strawberries
- 5 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 50 ml champagne
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Wash the strawberries and cut them in half.
- Place them in a frying pan, add the vanilla sugar plus the champagne and cook for a few minutes.
- Mix the corn starch with the water and incorporate it into the strawberry sauce.
- Cook for 2 minutes till it thickens.
- Send the sauce through a strainer.
- Let it cool down.
- Pour some strawberry sauce into a champagne glass.
- Place a tablespoon into the glass with the back facing up and slowly pour the champagne on the spoon till you fill-up the glass.
- Serve it with a fresh strawberry on the edge of the glass.