When I was a volunteer in Sweden this was one of my favourite desserts, then later I modified it according to my taste. Kladdkaka - Swedish Brownie or Mud Cake has a quick and easy recipe: you don't need your scale or hand mixer just a measuring jug and a fork to prepare this sticky chocolate cake.
- 100 ml flour
- 100 ml sugar
- 100 ml demerara
- 3-4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100 g melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or some vanilla bean paste, or vanilla sugar
- Set the oven to 180 °C, then prepare the dough.
- Put the dry ingredients in a measuring jug: flour, sugar, demerara, cocoa powder and cinnamon.
- Add the melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir the ingredients together in the jug with a fork then pour this mixture into a small lined tin. It's good to know that the height of the cake will be about the same as the height of this mixture.
- Bake it for 20 minutes, then let it cool down a bit.
You can add any fruits, nuts or toppings to your freshly baked Kladdkaka. For the doughnuts, simply pipe the batter into a greased doughnut tin and bake it.