Autumn is here and it rains more often. Perfect time to grab your favourite blanket, put on comfy clothes, find a warm and cosy place surrounded by the things you like, and spend some time with... yourself! As a part of me-time treat yourself with homemade Hot Chocolate and Pecan Cookies!
Yes! Every day we put our family and friends in the first place and our job of course. But now, stop for a few hours and focus just on yourself! It's not selfish at all but helps you to clear your mind, thinking about what is good for you at the present, what are the truly important things in your life and what is not necessary at all. It's like a deep-clean for your soul. Leave the negative thoughts and worries behind, list the people and things what you are grateful for, and find some time to do what makes you relaxed, let your imagination to fly like you did when you were a child, read the book what you planned to read for a long time, draw...
I personally like to spend my me time in the kitchen because I can use my imagination, turn down the volume of my worries and create something new... which is tasty at the same time. Perfect!
No worries, you are still reading the Holy Whisk Blog: so this time I have two recipes to treat all of your senses during your special hours.
Since fall is here I craving for hot chocolate and some cookies, so I chose them for this occasion. I promise it won't take longer than 30 minutes altogether!
Holy hot chocolate - with cinnamon, tonka bean, and honey
- 250 ml double cream
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- tonka bean
- whipped cream, grated chocolate or mini marshmallows for serving
Chocolate and pecan cookies
- 150 g sugar
- 90 g butter on room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 120 g flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- a handful of white chocolate chunks
- 100 g pecan nuts chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Holy hot chocolate
- Melt the chocolate completely in the double cream, on medium heat.
- If it's too thick, just add some whole milk.
- Remove the pot from the heat and incorporate the cinnamon and honey and grate some tonka bean straight in the pot.
- Serve it with mini marshmallows or whipped cream and grated chocolate on top.
Chocolate and pecan cookies
- Use your stand mixer to mix the butter and the sugar till you get a creamy consistency.
- Mix in the egg and the vanilla bean paste as well.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the butter-egg mixture till you get a smooth dough.
- Incorporate the white chocolate chunks and pecan nut pieces.
- Use two tablespoons to create about 12 portions from the dough on a lined baking tray.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven, at 180 °C, for about 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down a little bit on the baking tray, then transfer them into a cooling rack and let them cool down completely before serving.
For Halloween, you can easily decorate your hot chocolate and cookies using sugar eyes and royal icing.
This contest (below) is ended. Congratulations to the winner for the $100 gift code and all entrants for their $25 consolation code.
Probably you noticed that I have perfectly natural accessories and lovely fabrics around me to boost the cosy feeling of ME TIME! It's all-important to use soft textures, the right amount of light, nice scents and pleasuring voices or simply the power of silence when we would like to improve our inner focus skills.
But even if I love to be alone, still one of the best things on Earth is to cheer up someone, so I'm excited to announce that JORD Wood Watches and I are partnering on a GIVEAWAY, exclusively for the followers and the readers of the Holy Whisk Blog! On my wrist, you can discover my own JORD watch made of dark sandalwood with a perfectly natural look.
One of you will have the chance to win a $100 gift code to use on the JORD website! So if you are planning to purchase a watch with an elegant and natural look or if you are looking after a unique gift for your beloved ones, then stop looking after ideas, just enter this giveaway! And I have other good news: everyone who enters will receive a $25 consolation code at the end of the contest, so there is nothing to lose!
Enter today, and make sure you share this post with your friends. I'm sure they will be happy with their $25 consolation code too! Good luck!
INFORMATION ABOUT THIS CONTEST:
- This contest ends at 11:59 pm on 1 October 2017.
- Both $100 and $25 E Gift Codes will expire on 31 December 2017.
- This contest will be managed by JORD Wood Watches. After that, they will contact the winner and they will send all the gift and consolation codes!
Thanks to the JORD Wood Watches team for supporting this post.
All opinions expressed are my own. I personally use this product and believe you would enjoy it too.