This is another simple but great variation for fish, which helps to re-discover fish dishes and insert them into the list of our everyday favourites.
This time I chose cod, but you can use your preferred fish.
- 2 cod loins
- 1 can of red kidney beans without water
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 200 g smoked cheese
- 300 ml double cream
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 1 heaped tsp gluten-free flour or corn starch
- Add some olive oil into the grill pan and when it becomes hot, place the beautiful fresh fillets in it, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and grill the fillets on each side.
- In the meantime sear the sliced mushrooms on olive oil in a separate pan then in the last minute add the red kidney beans too.
- When they are ready, put lids on the pans and start to prepare the smoked cheese sauce.
- Chop the smoked cheese and placed the cubes into a small saucepan, add the corn starch and double cream.
- Cook it till it becomes smooth and thick and the cheese melts completely.
- If you wanna enrich it with stronger flavours you can use freshly ground pepper, nutmeg, fresh garlic or herbs as well. It's up to you.
- I served the cod fillet on basmati rice 'bed', covered with the pan-seared veggies and the wonderful smoked cheese sauce.