I love this quick Curd Cheese Doughnut recipe. So easy to prepare, the doughnuts are not too big, only one or two bites each, you could serve it as an awesome party food too. They have a perfect ball shape, because the leaven in the dough reacts immediately to the heat of hot oil, and expand a spoonful of dough into a nice ball. These doughnuts won't collapse even if they are cold.
If you check my posts regularly, you know how I love to use curd cheese in my recipes... sometimes is very dominant but other times, like how it helps to avoid the dough becoming dry. It's a versatile ingredient that should be used more often not just for Eastern European recipes but internationally too.
- 250 g curd cheese
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- 185 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Zest of a lemon
- Oil, for deep frying
Creamy cinnamon dip - click here for the recipe
- Mix the curd cheese, icing sugar, crème fraîche and eggs with a hand mixer.
- Incorporate the flour, baking powder and salt together with the lemon zest.
- Heat up the oil and when it's hot enough form small balls from the dough with oily hands and deep fry them till they get golden brown colour.
- The dough balls will automatically turn upside down in the oil once one side will be ok.
Creamy cinnamon dip
- Prepare the dip according to this recipe.