We always crave delicious chilling desserts, so I've made a decision to stop buying ice cream from the store and preparing homemade ice lollies. I know exactly what goes into the mixes, I can control the amount of my sweetener and definitely do not use preservatives or weird stuff. Each week I prepare 2 different flavour combinations, and I'll bring these recipes for you, to boost your upcoming summer parties, hot days of Indian Summer and basically any day you'd like to enjoy a frozen treat all around the year. The first recipe in the row is this Avocado & Lime Ice Lolly.
You can prepare 4-5 ice lollies with the following ingredients.
Ice lolly base
- 3 avocados
- 4 tbsp coconut flavoured yoghurt
- 3 tbsp condensed milk
- 1 lime, zest, and juice
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 6 digestive biscuits
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Biscuit crumble
- White chocolate, melted
- 1 thin lime slice
Ice lolly base
- Peel the avocados, remove their seeds and place them into a mixing bowl.
- Add the other ingredients.
- Use a stick blender to mix the ingredients. It's good when you have a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Combine the ingredients in a food processor.
- Fill the ice lolly moulds with the ice lolly mixture, but leave the top half-inch empty.
- Add the biscuit base on top, be careful, do not let it sink too much into the ice lolly mixture.
- Insert the sticks carefully.
- Freeze it for at least 4-5 hours (I normally freeze them overnight).
- Serve it on biscuit crumble, pour melted white chocolate and sprinkle chopped pistachios on top then add a slice of lime.