In Hungary, there is no summer vacation without enjoying Sweetcorn On Cob at home or on the beach. It is super simple to prepare, so I will share my method with you so you can taste them on their own or serve them as a side dish at your upcoming grill party.
- Sweetcorn on cob - with husk
- Water or milk
- Butter (optional)
- Remove the covering husks
- Place half of the husks on the bottom of the pot you will use. Tip: If you have a pressure cooker, you can enjoy the result quite fast.
- Place the corns on the husks
- Cover them with the remaining husks
- Add water till the corns are covered
- Cook until the corn gets soft - in pressure cooker it's about 30 min from the moment when its under pressure.
Serve it hot with salt and butter if you like.
I like to cook them in water - and it is way cheaper too this way-, but another method is to cook the sweetcorn in milk, the result is delicious that way too, if you want to give it a try!