Tökfőzelék is one of the most simple dishes ever. During the days in the summertime when the temperature is pretty high, probably I'm not the only one who is not able to look at a massive amount of meat and pasta on a plate, and wanna eat a yummy and light lunch or dinner. This is when I buy some marrows or zucchini and fix a Hungarian Marrow Stew in about 20 minutes.
- 1 medium marrow or bigger zucchini
- 400 ml whole milk
- 200 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp flour or gluten-free flour
- 1 bunch of fresh dill
- Grab the marrow, peel it, remove the seeds together with that spongy part in the middle, grate the cleaned veg, then put it into a pot.
- Pour the milk and double cream till it almost covers the grated marrow.
- Don't forget to add a large pinch of salt and the fresh dill, or you can chop a handful of the herb as well, it depends on your preferences.
- Start to cook and stir it till boiling.
- Then set the hob to a lower level, remove some hot milk from the pot and mix it with the flour or gluten-free flour till you get a smooth mixture, which you will pour back into the pot. Let's increase the quantity of the flour by a tablespoon, step-by-step, depending on if you like it thicker or not, it's better to make a mixture again and make it thicker like this than get an extremely thick result for the first time.
- When the milk and flour mixture is in the pot, just stir it till it thickens and you can serve it immediately.
- I normally eat it with a sunny side up egg or pork stew. Enjoy!