The cake batter that this Rörda Kakan recipe is based on was the very first recipe I've learned in Sweden as a volunteer at the organic farm of Madeleine and Martin, in Brunnstorp. This dough is a joker, you can use any fruits, it will be perfect!
The main reason I love this Swedish Mixed Cake recipe: I don't need a hand mixer to prepare the dough, just a bowl, and a fork.
- 100 ml caster sugar
- 100 ml demerara
- 200 ml flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 100 g melted butter
- Raspberry, blueberry, blackberry or other fruits
- Desiccated coconut or ground walnut
- Let's mix the sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, eggs, and melted butter.
- This time I doubled the ingredients for a 23 cm (9 inch) springform, but for a pie form, it's enough to use these quantities of the ingredients.
- Pour the dough into a springform, add the fruits then sprinkle the top with cinnamon and desiccated coconut (or ground walnut) and bake it at 170 ºC for about 20-30 mins or test the doneness with a toothpick.
- It will be fine for a couple of days in a cake dome.