This Strawberry Cake is the key showstopper of a Midsummer celebration event. The basic version has nothing else but whipped cream and fresh strawberry as filling, but during my time in the Nordic countries, I tasted various versions, and I added my favourite ingredients-options to this recipe to inspire you to try this simple but delicious treat many times and many ways.
- 3 sponge cake layers
- whipped cream / caramel flavoured whipped cream
- strawberries (sliced)
- vanilla custard (optional)
- banana (sliced - optional)
- white chocolate (optional)
- Place the first sponge layer on a cake stand.
- Spread whipped cream over it, if you use custard, create an edge by the whipping cream and add the custard within, cover the layer with the fruit slices.
- Repeat the filling process on the second layer.
- Close the cake with the third sponge layer
- Decorate the top of the cake with whipped cream and strawberries.
- Cover with mented white chocolate if you prefer.
- Serve it chilled.