Hasselback Apple is one of the best easy-fix desserts ever!
So easy to prepare... and the taste is like heaven on Earth. Hot oven-baked apple, caramelised brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, yummy crumble... with cold vanilla ice cream melting on the top.
When will you try it?
- 2 apples
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp frozen butter
- 6 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Peel and core the apples. Cut them in half.
- Turn the flat side onto your chopping board's surface and score the apple with a thin-blade knife in a way that the apple halves stay whole. You can put a chopstick on each side of the apple half, so when you score the fruit, the chopsticks will help you avoid cutting too deep. The scored surface of the apple halves reminds me of a book's pages.
- Place the apples into a small oven dish, skillet or lined baking tray.
- Melt the butter, and add the demerara sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Brush the scored surface of the apples with the seasoned melted butter.
- Bake the apples at 180 °C (fan) for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime let's prepare the crumble.
- Chop the frozen butter into small cubes and transfer them into a small mixing bowl.
- Add the flour and sugar, mix it well.
- After 20 minutes of baking, take the apples out of the oven and top them evenly with the crumble.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until the crumble is light golden brown.
- Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.